Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Hunter!

Hunter is 11 years old today.  I asked Hunter what he wanted for his birthday and he responded with, "Legos!"  I asked if he wanted anything else and he said, "more Legos!"  That boy is obsessed.  When he and Chase get any new Legos they retreat up to their room and can't be bothered until they have everything assembled.  Love how his mind works and the little inventions and creations he comes up with.
I can't believe how fast he is growing up.  Last night he was getting ready to take a shower and he said, "my underarms are wet."  I told him he was sweaty.  He insisted, "I'm not sweaty!"  I then told him to take a whiff.  He did and exclaimed, "that is gross!"  After his shower he had to go ask Dad if he had any spare deodorant.  We joked with him that all of the girls will be after him now because he will smell so good.  :)

11 Fun things about Hunter:
1.   He is obsessed with Legos!
2.   He recently got Braces on all of his teeth.
3.   He Loves to Read.  I have the best time recommending books to him, because he gets so excited about a new book.
4.   He is so Sweet and Patient with Laina.
5.   He likes to wear his Death Eater Robe, that I made him for Halloween, around the House.
6.   He Loves Scouts and is so excited for all the Camping Trips he'll get to do this year.
7.   He is so Smart and such a Good Student.
8.   He gives me the Craziest Faces sometimes.
9.   His Hair is constantly a Mess.
10. He likes to Draw Funny little Cartoons.
11. He likes to Talk in Silly Voices.


I love Hunter.  He is our mellow boy, is so inquisitive, has the goofiest sense of humor, usually has a big smile on his face, and is so helpful.  He is a joy to have around.
He Loves Reading just about as much as Legos.
 His school was participating in Hope of America.  His teacher said it's not everyday that over 2,000 people come to help you celebrate your birthday.  It made for a quick opening of presents but he had a lot of fun being in the show.  I really love the whole Hope of America program.  Granted the songs are a little on the cheesy side, but I think it instills a sense of pride in our kids and a love for our country.

They wear certain colored shirts so they can sit assembled like the flag.
There are two songs that really get me.  One is based on Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech, "I had a Dream" and the other is "Light the Way".  The song is about lighting the way and helping others.  They have all the lights off and whenever the kids sing the chorus they all turn on their flashlights.  It is a beautiful sight to see. 
 There is something about that song that just brings tears to my eyes.  (I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it.)  It's all wrapped up in the hope of a future generation that will be better than the one before.  Isn't that what we want for our kids, a Bright Hopeful Future?  Awesome program, one that I am glad to see over and over again.
Happy Birthday Hunter!  We love you and are so proud of the young man you are becoming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog. LOVE your spring break activities!!! What a great approach. Happy birthday to Hunter and best to your sweet family--CARRIE