Saturday, March 26, 2011

Party Time!

I never knew how loud a bunch of 11 and 12 year old girls could be! I found out last Friday night when we had 16 of Michela's friends over for her 12th birthday party. Now I know why my brother's were always telling me and my sister to be quiet. :) I'm also glad I told Mike to take the boys and go somewhere else for a few hours, he wouldn't have been able to take it.
It was so much fun having them all here. I loved watching Michela interact with all her friends.
They had so much fun being silly and hanging out together. She had invited friends from the neighborhood and friends from her school. I was worried at first that they would separate into two groups but they all got along so well! They played duck, duck, goose, Mafia, Ghosts in the Graveyard, and I taught them how to play Murder.
They feasted on pizza, fruit, strawberry lemonade, and ice cream cookie sandwiches.

Michela opened tons of presents and got so many cute gifts.
Candy, books, lots of art supplies (Heaven for Michela), and her new favorite t-shirt and sunglasses.
I was calling her J. Lo. all night.
They ended the evening with a showing of "How to Train Your Dragon" downstairs in the theater. They were like sardines all squished on the couches and beanbags, but they loved it.

I loved hearing all the laughter and giggling. I also loved watching the girls being so sweet with Aria and Laina. Isabelle, Heather, and Miranda were usually toting around one of them.
Aria was a bit shy of all the girls at first, but pretty soon she was right in the middle of everything. I came outside while they were playing Ghosts in the Graveyard and saw Isabelle running past with Aria in her arms. So sweet of them to include her.
As the girls were picked up by their parents at the end of the party they each got to pick out a party favor bag. Inside each one was a flower hair clip that Michela and I had made.
They turned out so cute and were super easy to make.
On Sunday I saw a lot of the flowers clipped into the girls' hair at church. It looked like a beautiful spring garden.
Michela even custom made one for herself to match her outfit on Friday.
All the parents kept saying how brave we were for having all those girls over, but it turned out to be such a stress free party and the best time having all those wonderful girls in our home. I'm so glad Michela has such great friends in her life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had such a great time at Michela's party!It was so fun. I loved to see Laina and Aria Laugh while we were holding them. You have the cutest family :)

Unknown said...

tell Michela thanks for inviting me!