I made this dress for Aria back in December, but I forgot to take pictures of it. She was wearing it on Sunday for church so I took her out in the backyard and did a quick little photo shoot.
In October or November I stumbled across a sew-along for this Oliver + S pattern called the jump rope dress.

I fell in love with the pattern, but not the $15.00 price tag. I had bought the cutest butterfly corduroy fabric the year before but never ended up using it. I knew it would be perfect for a little dress like this.
So instead of buying the pattern I looked through some of my old children's patterns for something similar. I found this McCall's pattern that I had bought back when Michela was little but never used. I probably had bought it during one of those pattern sales and gotten it for a few dollars. I had to drop the waist, change the sleeves, add belt loops, a sash, and cute rounded pockets. I ended up with a fantastic little dress. Aria especially loves it's twirling properties.
6 comments:
Aria is such a cutie! You did such a great job on that dress. It looks so cute on Aria
Honestly Mauri! You are SO talented! I wish I could sew.......anything! :)
Such a cute girl but a darling dress to go with it. It must feel so good to be able to put something like that together and have it cost only your time. You're amazing. I love you showing us what you create.
Sorry I should have signed my name
Aunt Linda
so cute! You are so talented. I can't believe Aria is getting so big, she looks so grown up! Great pictures of her twirling!
mauri! i have loved your comments on my blog this week...thank you!
and, this dress you made + the shirt for michela, a-MAZ-ing! you are so talented.
hugs.
Post a Comment