Friday, March 4, 2011

Little White Dress

A couple of years ago I bought this white shirt at a Cabi clearance sale. It was when the poet style white shirts were in. I didn't really wear it until I got pregnant again and then it was a cute maternity shirt for a few months. After having Laina I went through my clothes and weeded a bunch of stuff out. This shirt was one of them, but I kept taking it out of the bag, because I just knew I could do something with it.
About a month ago I was going through my refashion pile and "Light bulb" I was totally able to see a cute little dress for Laina. I loved all the pleats on the front of the shirt and wanted to make the most of them. I drew up a pattern and cut out the main part of the dress. I cut little puffed sleeves, used the cuffs and the original collar. I had to cut the collar in the back, cut some off and seam it back together. I also had to cut the original buttonhole off of the cuffs and put a new one on. Here's a cute picture of Laina during a break from her little photo session. She was so cute hanging onto the windowsill. She even got brave and dropped one hand so she could look at Mommy. Here are the cutest pictures from the photo shoot. Gosh, you've got to love that smile and those chubby cheeks! It was so much fun coming up with this cute little creation. It helps that she would look cute no matter what she wears. Chalk this one up as a success!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Honestly....you are amazing! Can you share some of your sewing talent with me! :)

Lynette said...

I love doing this sort of thing. I also go through my clothes and try them with different sweaters and shirts and belts etc. to come up with a whole new outfit. Love it soul sister in refashioning!!

Chelsea said...

so talented...she looks so cute in it. I'd never thought to do that!