Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Waffles!

There is something about waffles that I just adore. I totally prefer them over pancakes any day. Maybe it is just me, but I'm a girl who likes a little crunch. I like my bread toasted, I don't mind a little burnt edge on my meat, and I like a firm waffle, no soggy waffles here.
When my Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas I was a bit stumped. I didn't really need anything, but then I spied my cheapo piece of crud waffle iron in the pantry. What I wouldn't give for a nice new waffle iron so we could have waffles every once in a while instead of boring ol' pancakes.
The other morning I made waffles for the kids. Our favorite topping right now is nutella and peanut butter. Can I just say, "YUM!" Hunter and I like to top one with peanut butter and one with nutella and smoosh them together sandwich style .
Aria likes it all smeared together and Chase and Michela likes there's smothered in pure nutella.
I'm thinking next time I am going to try putting some slices of bananas in there as well. Sounds like pure heaven to me!

2 comments:

meg said...

Mmmmmm! Great, now I want waffles! I'll have to take you to the waffle house in Portland when you come out for girls weekend...hint, hint.

meg said...

Well, thanks to you I now have 2 big jars of Nutella in my cupboard...already put it on toast with PB! Mmmmmm! My kids thank you.