Monday, January 10, 2011

First Dance Concert for Aria

Aria has been working hard at learning her dance for her first dance concert. The dance is to "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" and it is full of lots of hip shaking and cute little moves. What's cuter than five little 3 and 4 year olds in sequins, polka dots and hair bows shaking their little bums?!
On Saturday night we went and watched Aria dance. She wasn't scared one bit and was so ready to perform. Unfortunately she didn't end up in the right starting point and did the first third of the dance in someone else's spot. It was pretty funny watching her go through the moves while the other little girl kept telling her to get off of her polka dot. But she didn't let it faze her and once she finally got to the right spot she did a stellar job.
I would of had some video but a big guy walked right in front of me and blocked my camera as he walked down the aisle. Bummer! I did get a picture of her though in her costume and full hair and makeup.
She was so patient as I curled and sprayed her hair. Her hair doesn't keep curl very well so I had to break out every hair product I own. She loved the makeup, but have you ever tried to put mascara on a 4 year old? Not the easiest of tasks.
We had so much fun watching her and the other dancers. After her dance I went and got her so she could watch the other dances. She loved every minute of it. Watching her brought back sweet memories of dance lessons and concerts years ago. Dance was such a big part of my life when I was younger and holds such great memories for me, especially since I danced so much with my sister Tiffany. I still wish I could find a dance class I could go to now. If you hear of any, let me know!

No comments: