Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine's Day Wreath

Everyone has probably already seen a wreath like this. I saw the idea on the blog Idea Room last year and fell in love with it. The only problem was when I went to buy a heart shaped foam wreath they were all out. I finally found one after Valentine's day, so I shelved the idea for the next year. Well, it is now January and I just got around to taking down Christmas. I saw the wreath sitting on my shelf downstairs and decided to give it a try. I can't tell you how many felt circles I cut out, let's just say my hand was a bit tired by the time I was done. It was well worth it, because I got this as my end result.
Isn't it beautiful?! I love how it looks all ruffly and soft. And according to Michela, "it is AWESOME!" Now I have a new cute decoration to add to my little mantel grouping.
I also still love this plaque I made a few years back.
I hung it by my front door this year. Now that I've got one craft done, I'm itching to make more. We'll see how much time I get in the next few weeks. Somebody might not want to cooperate. In fact, she made it quite a bit difficult for me to even take these pictures.
Ha, Ha, ... she is too funny.

2 comments:

meg said...

Super cute wreath! I need some valentine decorations!

Kris Tina said...

Oh man - the wreath turned out fabulous. Nice.