I have to admit that I have not been too into any of the holidays this year. I guess taking care of Laina and the other kids is pretty much all I do all day, so the thought of getting out decorations just isn't at the top of my To Do List. We weren't even going to get a tree this year, but then Mike's Aunt Lynette asked us to host the Lowry Christmas party at our house. After saying yes I asked Mike if that meant we needed to decorate. And he thought he wouldn't have to deal with a tree this year.
Every year Mike puts up a fuss about going out and getting a tree. The kids and I love it, but Mike would rather get a fake tree. Part of it is shelling out money each Christmas, the other part is getting it in and out of the house. I don't know what the big deal is. He sticks it in the corner, I water it, put on the lights, and the kids and I decorate it. I just love the feel of the soft needles and the smell of fresh pine tree every morning.
This year Mike came home with a fake tree, loaned to us by his brother Matt and his wife Sara. Thanks you guys! It actually took way more time putting that thing together than it takes to put up a real tree. And holy cow, that thing scratched the heck out of me. That night my hands and arms were stinging like crazy! I will say that it looks pretty, but I still miss my real tree.
Here is Mike being smart and wearing gloves to assemble the tree.
Michela was determined to put the angel on the top.
Chase and Aria looking through the ornament box for their special ornaments.
And the finished product.
Love the white lights and the hodge podge of ornaments. I'm not really into the designer tree thing, it's not what I grew up with and I love the fact that the kids have so much fun decorating the tree with me. I guess putting up the tree has put me in a bit more of a Christmas mood, but not by much.
2 comments:
Way to go guys, it looks awesome! Fake trees are such a pain to fix each and every branch, good call with the gloves Mikey. I must say I didn't even touch our fake little pathetic trees this year (you and I are on the same bah-hum-bug kick I think), the branches are still crazy, but I don't even care that much...maybe next year we'll try the whole real tree thing.
Wish we could be to the party this year, have fun without us!
Mauri-I know what you mean about the real tree-but a couple of years ago Scott splurged on a really nice pre-lit fake tree. It is a lot like the ones we used to cut down-open at the trunk and bare in some places. I love it and it takes about 5 minutes to put up-versus the HOURS Scott used to take putting lights on every branch. I know this is such a cop out, but we burn a pine scented candle.
Post a Comment