Friday, December 17, 2010

Breakfast with Santa

Our ward had a fabulous Christmas party a couple of Saturdays ago. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausages, and fruit adorned the table ready to be eaten by our friends. To top off the breakfast there were cinnamon and raspberry rolls. So Yummy!
There were a couple of musical numbers to listen to after breakfast. A little brother and sister duo, a funny performance of the 12 Days of Christmas by some of the men, and a solo of The Christmas Song. The Christmas Song holds special memories for me during the Christmas season. It is one of my favorites songs to listen to as well as to perform. It also reminds me of my Dad. Nat King Cole was one of my Dad's favorite singers and his rendition of this song is at the top of my list. When Mike and I went to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert last year I had tears in my eyes as Natalie Cole sang this song. Just thinking about it is making me a bit weepy.
The highlight of the morning for the kids was a visit from Santa. Aria is deathly afraid of Santa, but she really wanted a bag of treats. This was the best picture we could get. She wouldn't even look him in the eye and barely squeaked out that she wanted a Barbie for Christmas.
Hunter was a little embarrassed to be sitting on Santa's knee, but he would do just about anything for some candy.
Chase wasn't afraid or embarrassed. He proudly stood in line waiting with his friends for the chance to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.
Laina was so cute, so didn't cry or look worried at all. In fact, she looks a little bored.
I think she was mostly fascinated by that snowy white beard and was too busy trying to grab it to worry about who's lap she was sitting on.
Of course Michela wouldn't dare go talk to Santa, not even for the candy.
It was a fun morning and I was reminded why we moved back to this neighborhood. I have to say we live among some of the best people I know! And don't you think that is the cutest Santa ever!

1 comment:

meg said...

Oh, Laina, what a sweetie!! I love it! Heck, I'll do almost anything for candy too, Hunter. :)