Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blessing Laina

What a beautiful day for a baby blessing. We were so happy to share this wonderful day with our family, friends and ward. I finished Laina's dress in the morning, thank goodness we had 1:00 church today. She looked so precious in her white dress and Mike gave her such a sweet and powerful blessing. The spirit was so strong as he blessed her. I was so thankful for the priesthood holders in our family who were able to stand in the circle as she was blessed. I love our families so much!
We had a fun dinner afterwards with lots of laughing, cousins running around, good food and fabulous cheesecake! My sister Tiffany makes the most incredible cheesecake. I have 3 words for you, Banana Cream Cheesecake. Yum!! Thanks to our family for coming to help us celebrate.

During dinner I looked over at Grandpa Larry, he was holding Laina for me while I hurried and ate, and I saw this.
He is such a sweetheart of a man and I couldn't help snapping a picture of this precious moment. He is the best Grandpa.
Here are Mike, Laina and I.
Some pictures of the details on the dress. Loved the ivory trim on the white dress.
I loved this flower I came up with.
We are so thankful to have Laina in our family. She is such a joy in our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And look how great YOU look! Congratulations! Love the sweet baby--love the dress--glad it was such a great day.

meg said...

What a great day! Congratulations to you all! Beautiful dress, and especially the picture with Grandpa...come on! :) Love you guys!

Lynette said...

Hey Mike and Mauri, Sorry to have missed the blessing but ended up in St.George for the big day.
Darling pictures. What a treasure for Laina to have of her and her Grandpa when she is older!!
Love and miss you!

The Benches said...

I love her so much! It was so fun to be with you guys on Sunday! Thanks for including us! xoxo