On Labor day we decided to go on a little adventure with Matt and Sara's family. While I was feeding Laina that morning Aria came in to inform me that we were going "Climb Rocking". She is so funny.
We packed a lunch and headed out to Spanish Fork Canyon where they have some fun rock climbing. Matt blazed the trail and set up a course for everyone to climb.
Chase was gung ho to see how far he could go.
He cracked me up every time I saw him wearing this harness. I yodeled whenever he came near. From his expression you can see how much he enjoyed this.
He cracked me up every time I saw him wearing this harness. I yodeled whenever he came near. From his expression you can see how much he enjoyed this.
Here's Mike going for a climb.
He was really impressed with Michela because she made it all of the way to the top and Mike said it had been tough getting up there himself.
He was really impressed with Michela because she made it all of the way to the top and Mike said it had been tough getting up there himself.After everyone climbed the kids, Matt and Mike all hiked around the back of the cliff. Matt set up a rappelling rope at the top.
I have to admit I was a bit nervous watching my children walk off the top of the cliff. Yikes! Mike thinks it was about 90 feet tall.
I have to admit I was a bit nervous watching my children walk off the top of the cliff. Yikes! Mike thinks it was about 90 feet tall. Here is Mike backing down over the edge.

He loved coming down after the initial shock of fear at the top.

Hunter was the first kid to go down. He was so determined and tried really hard not to show any fear. I was so proud of him because he usually doesn't want to try anything that is too scary or difficult.
Michela had a blast. Funny how she totally complained that morning when I told her what we were going to do. Here she is coming down.

And of course she had to show off and try some tricks.
Aria played in the dirt and ran around with her cousins Daynen and Bronson. She was perfectly happy climbing over the rocks and getting dirty.

Laina and I pretty much camped out in the chair under the shade of a tree.
She wasn't too happy about being there but she calmed down once I fed her. She took a good nap while I held her and watched my dare devil family. Next time hopefully I'll be able to join in. I just need to start exercising again so I'm not so wimpy.
She wasn't too happy about being there but she calmed down once I fed her. She took a good nap while I held her and watched my dare devil family. Next time hopefully I'll be able to join in. I just need to start exercising again so I'm not so wimpy.
2 comments:
Looks like great fun. Dan and I need to go check out Spanish Fork Canyon. I have never been there!
Maybe I will meet Laina before she is one......
Looks like a fun day! Those kids are brave!
Post a Comment