Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Surprise

This morning I woke up to a little surprise. It was snowing! And not just a little bit of snow, but a blizzard! We got a good 3" at least.
And yes, the date is correct on this blog entry. It is May 24th, not March 24th, but May. I've never had snow on my birthday.
Yep it is my birthday. I turned 36 today. I got the best compliment from one of my Visiting Teacher's when she asked me if I was 30 yet. :) Plus they brought by the most heavenly homemade bread. Yummo! My friend Natalie brought me a cute bag, flip flops and earrings. The only thing that fits when you are pregnant are shoes and jewelry! Ha, Ha, ...
We also went to Carrabbas for dinner with my brother Brian, his wife Stephanie, my nephew Kyle, and my sister Tiffany. Brian and Steph gave me a cupcake cookbook. It is the cutest thing. It has all these great and easy ideas for decorating cupcakes. For some reason I have been really into cupcakes lately. I just think they are so much easier for birthday parties than a cake. Plus they don't fall in the middle like my cakes tend to do.
It was a pretty low key birthday for me. On Sunday we celebrated with dinner at Mike's parents' house. She made me Red Velvet Cake. Here I am ready to blow out my birthday candles.
Today Aria and I pretty much just lounged around the house. I was able to watch the Series Finale of Lost. Let's just say it was a teary morning saying goodbye to one of my favorite shows. I also got a trip to Costco in without children! How good is that! And to my great surprise they had La Brea Rosemary Olive Oil Bread. This is my favorite bread of all time and they haven't had it at Costco in like forever. It makes the best homemade croutons. I can't wait until I can have a big salad.
And to top it all off, I am now on the one hand count down. Yes, that's right, only 5 weeks left to go.
I'm so excited to get this new baby here, I am so done being pregnant. I am ready to snuggle her and rock her instead of being kicked and punched by her. Still no name, but don't you think it would be pretty funny to have Peanut Staker on her birth certificate?

5 comments:

meg said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mauri Lynne!!!! Sounds like your birthday was a memorable one. :) You are the best, Maur, we love you!!

Anonymous said...

How could I have forgotten that WE also share May 24th! How remarkable it was to have snow on our day, huh? It must mean we have an extraordinary year ahead of us. I can't wait until we turn 30.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it snowed in Utah as I sit here in my 85 degree weather. Sorry. By the way, pregnancy looks great on you - seriously!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday girl! I'm sorry it had to snow on your day! Where's the sun?!?! Our pool was supposed to open for the season that day, HAH!

I miss you already at yoga night, I won't get to see you every week. You better come back!

I'm so excited you are so close to your due date, you look fabulous!
Hope everything goes well, and I hope you have a name other than peanut, because I might use that one :)

Very Shannon said...

Awwww...you look so pretty! Happy belated bday!!! Big hugs!