Monday, December 21, 2009

Chase Loses His First Tooth!

Chase has been waiting and waiting for a loose tooth. He is now 6 1/2 and he has watched our 5 year old neighbor across the street lose 3 or 4 teeth already. He was so excited when he got his first loose tooth. He has been wiggling it for a month now and he wouldn't let anyone try and pull it out.
On Sunday we were at a family Christmas party. We had lots of fun there and were all tired when we finally got in the car to drive home. From the back of the car I heard Chase shout, "I lost my tooth!" "Where is it," I asked? "I don't know," Chase replied. He then told us that when he was eating dinner he had bitten down on something hard. "Oh no, I think you swallowed your tooth," I exclaimed. Chase was pretty bummed out that he couldn't put his first lost tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. We suggested he write her a note instead and explain to her what had happened. Hunter helped Chase compose his note and he went to bed much happier. In the morning he found money and a note from the tooth fairy under his pillow. The tooth fairy told him how proud she was of him for telling her the truth. (We've had some truth telling issues lately so an extra nudge from the tooth fairy couldn't hurt, right?) Chase still has the note on his special shelf on the bookcase in his room. He is so proud now to show off his smile.

1 comment:

meg said...

Way to go Chase! Looks good on ya. :)