Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Aria's 3rd Birthday

Aria's birthday always seems like an afterthought after the hustle and bustle of Christmas. How do you make a birthday four days after Christmas seem separate from Christmas? Aria came down the hall in the morning with a big smile on her face and a mass of tangled hair. It was pretty comical. Can you guess which side she was sleeping on last night? :)
All day long I kept asking her how old she was. "Two," she would say. I'd ask her, "Are you sure?" Then she would scrunch up her face and think, "Three?" It was pretty cute. And the whole three finger thing had her confused for awhile. She wasn't sure which fingers to hold up.
We decided to go see "The Princess and the Frog" for her birthday. It was such a cute movie. I loved the music, lots of fun New Orleans jazz, and the characters were so much fun. Aria was laughing through the entire movie. I also enjoyed the moral of the story about working hard and figuring out what is most important in life.
After that Aria requested a "burger sandwich" for lunch so we headed over to Fat Apples. Can I just tell you that I crave Fat Apples when I am in Utah! It was good to get my fix while we were there. And the best part about lunch? Everyone was happy with their food! I love a meal without hearing any whining.
After we got home I made Aria's cake. When I stuck it in the oven I realized that Aria was nowhere to be found. I ran around the house calling her name and all of a sudden she burst out of the bathroom and went running down the hall. Once I caught up to her I could smell her stinky diaper and saw the mess she had made on her face. I started cracking up. She is so entranced when she watches me putting on my makeup. I usually dust a little leftover powder on her face and swipe her lips with a little chapstick or lipgloss. Well, I guess I left my makeup bag where she could reach it and she decided to do a little makeover on herself.
She had powder all over the side of her face, and dress, lipgloss on her lips and eyebrow, and mascara everywhere. Too funny!
That night we opened presents and she was so excited with her new castle puzzle, Polly Pocket Cinderella, an ABC quilt from Aunt Tiffy and a pink tutu and wand from Grandma.
She was running around the room saying, "Bibbity, Babbity, Boo! I turn you in a pig!"
After that we had cake and ice cream.
She did a great job at blowing out her candles and didn't sneeze on the cake once!
What a fun day for such a fun little girl! She is such a joy to have in our family.

1 comment:

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Happy Birthday Aria! We love you so much! Every time the doorbell rings, Abrie yells, "Awia" in hopes that she is coming over to play :)