Michela got braces put on her top teeth last week. This is phase 1 of her braces experience. She's had an expander in to help give some space to her top teeth. Now the braces were put on to help pull the teeth into the right spots so her other permanent teeth have a place to come in. After they get this all done they will take everything out and wait a year or two before they put braces on all of her teeth.
When I first heard about putting braces on younger kids I thought it was a scam to get some extra money. :) But now I see the logic behind it all. They are trying to get things widened out while their mouths are still flexible and things are still growing and moving around. I had to have two permanent teeth pulled from my little mouth when I was a teenager. They tried the headgear, retainers, put my jaw was already set. What they are doing with Michela right now might mean they can prevent any permanent tooth removal.
I love her teal bands. Don't you think they bring out the turquoise in her eyes? :) I can't wait to see her beautiful smile when they come off!
2 comments:
At least she won't have to still be wearing braces at 18 like Tye! He had them on at graduation I felt so bad for him. He probably didn't even care.
She looks great - braces are a rite of passage. . . and she wears them well!
Post a Comment