In the garage when we built the house we had one set of shelves built so we could put the kids outside toys in them so they wouldn't be left all over the place. Over a year later it was still a complete mess and I couldn't handle it anymore. There was all kinds of stuff shoved into these shelves, stuff that had no business being there. I remember reading somewhere about how the key to staying organized is having a home for everything. I did this with the toy room downstairs, where I have bins with labels on them so the kids know exactly where to put their toys. So I applied this to the garage as well. I had the kids put the toys and sports equipment into categories and then I made labels for each shelf so they wouldn't have an excuse anymore about knowing where things belonged.
I must admit I love being organized. In fact I crave organization in all parts of the house. In my closet my clothes are arranged by type and color, as well as my shoes. This must be why I can't stand shopping in discount stores where everything is all jumbled together. Michela is starting to follow my lead with her clothes as well, or maybe she's just sick of me coming in and reorganizing her stuff when she isn't home. I even have my sewing thread and buttons organized by color.
And don't get me going on my movies. Those are all organized by type and are then alphabetically ordered. Sometimes I think I might go a little overboard, but it makes my life easier. The label maker is one of my favorite tools, even though technically I did give it to Mike for Christmas a couple of years ago. :) Mike is not too happy with me right now because I am going through all of the kids' clothes and have piles and boxes of clothes all over the place upstairs. Oh well, at least he should be happy that he didn't marry a disorganized slob!
5 comments:
So that's what you were working on when I called. Looks wonderful, I just love an organized space!
Hey I love those jars for your buttons! Where do I find those and about how big are they? I couldn't tell. thanks, just email the info unless others want to know also.
LOVE IT! A girl after my own heart! (You make me feel "normal" when other people just roll their eyes...)
This is one of the main reasons I am so excited to have school starting with a full 6 weeks before baby comes! I am majorly "Nesting" and tackling some long-overdue re-organizing of my own! Are you for hire? :)
I love all the organization too. I just never have time to get to it all. Like Sara I have also been going through the whole needing to nest phase. So I have been trying to get more organized before this baby comes. You have inspired me to get working on it!
I just barely organized my pantry (disaster!!) and saw your post on this! I hadn't made it past the school post the other day, so I swear I didnt just copy you! HaHa!! Must be the season for organizing! After the summer of throwing junk EVERYWHERE! :)
Post a Comment