Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School!

Today was Michela and Hunter's first day of school at their new elementary school.  They both said they didn't want to go back to school but when Michela had already picked out her outfit for today before church yesterday I knew she was bluffing.  It was so fun back to school shopping with them this year, they were really getting into the whole clothes thing, especially Michela.  Maybe there is hope for her fashion sense after all.  I remember how excited I used to get when school started again and how important that first day outfit was.  It was so much fun walking them to their classes and I couldn't believe how big they looked standing next to each other in the hallway.  

Hunter is in a Spanish Immersion class this year.  He has two of his best buddies from our neighborhood in his class with him (that's them making goofball faces for the camera).  His teacher was at Challenger last year, where they used to go, so I was really excited that she was going to be Hunter's teacher this year.  I'm probably more excited about the whole spanish thing than he is because it will give me a chance to brush up on my espanol as well.

Michela was a little shy about going to her new class.  Her best friend Ethan is in a different class so she didn't have him to draw strength from.  Luckily two of the girls from our neighborhood are in her class so at least there were some friendly faces.  I can't believe they are growing up so fast, where has the time gone!?  I am so proud of both of them, they are such hard workers and fast learners.  Michela was a little put off by the review test they took today.  I asked her what the problem was and she said it was stuff she had learned in 2nd grade!  Hopefully they will be challenged and keep their love for learning, I know they both have bright futures ahead of them.  

1 comment:

meg said...

That just isn't right! I can't believe school is starting! Summer went by way too fast! Super cute outfit Michela, and Hunter...lookin' good!