Tuesday, August 26, 2008

13 Years of Happiness

I can't believe it has been 13 years since the day I married Mike.  Who knew that when that shy carpet salesman, who didn't like to dance, asked me to dance with him that we would end up falling in love, getting married and having four beautiful children.  We've had a wonderful life together.  Sure it hasn't been the best of times all of the time, we do tend to disagree now and again, but I wouldn't trade any of it.  
Mike is such a generous man and so willing to help anyone at the drop of a hat.  He is such a great friend and my biggest support.  He is a wonderful father and I don't think there is anything more beautiful than watching him as he has held our babies for the first time or rocked them to sleep.  
He is a sensitive soul and is so easily touched by the Spirit.  I remember him crying and crying as we knelt across the altar from each other.  I just couldn't stop smiling, but he was in tears.  
He has a beautiful smile and gorgeous blue eyes.  I remember one of my friends from back home said to me at our wedding reception, "I don't know where you found him, but he sure is cute!"  I love his hands that are so strong and capable.  I love the feel of his arms around me.  And I love the little smile lines that crinkle up around his twinkling eyes when he is teasing me.
Thank you Mike for all you do for me and our family.  I love you more than words can say!   

4 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations, you two Love Birds! We just adore you both and are so blessed to have you so close, in every way! Thanks for always being such great friends! We wish you and your sweet family many many more years of hapiness!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Mike and Mauri! I have memories of your wedding and remember thinking what a perfect couple you made together.

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Congrats kids! We love you!

MiNdY said...

Congratulations to you BoTh!! I love both of you so much! And the darling kids you both have made!