Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July Birthday!



In years past Mike has taken the kids down to the Fourth of July parade with his family.  Last year Chase decided it was his birthday so he got to decided what we should do.  I would much rather hang out at home, open presents, and have pancakes for breakfast than sit in the heat and watch the parade go by.  Chase got some fun new Lego sets and the new Batman Lego 2 game for the Wii.  After a pancake breakfast he and Hunter raced downstairs to try out the new game.




 In the afternoon we headed over to Mike's Uncle Scott's new condo for lunch and swimming.  I love sitting around and talking with family members I haven't seen forever and finding out what is going on in their lives.  The kids spent almost the entire time in the pool, briefly popping out to get something to eat.  Luckily there aren't too many people living at the condos yet so the fact that all of the cousins took up the entire pool didn't matter too much.







That evening we had Peggy, Megan, and her family over for dinner and a little celebration for Chase.  I made him a chocolate oreo filled cake for his birthday.  He loved it!  It was fun watching his eyes bug out as I pulled the cake from the fridge and stuck in the candles.  No problems for him in blowing out all 9 candles.  Yes, that is right, 9!  When did he get so old?

We ended the night with the cul-de-sac of fire.  I didn't buy any fireworks this year but we enjoyed watching the neighbors set of theirs.  The real treat was the huge aerial fireworks that a couple of the neighbors were setting off.  Who needs Stadium of Fire when you have neighbors like this.  Of course my camera's battery died right when the fireworks started, bummer.  I guess I'll just have to rely on my memory instead.  The kids loved it all.  We kept running back and forth between the front and back of the house to see all the fireworks going off.  I have to say I was a bit nervous that some of them would start a fire, but luckily nothing happened.  At one point I walked into our backyard and looked out over the valley.  I couldn't believe the sight!  There were fireworks going off everywhere.  It was like my own fireworks show.  It was a wonderful day for us and definitely went out with a bang.

Nine fun facts about Chase:
1.  He is such a skinny little thing.  He is just like his Daddy.
2.  He loves all things Lego, especially Ninjago Legos.
3.  He thinks the movie "Baby Geniuses" is hilarious.
4.  He loves swimming and is getting better at all of the strokes.  After only 2 weeks he can now do the breast stroke and can keep up with Hunter and Michela in the freestyle.
5.  He loves to read.  He just finished all of the Percy Jackson series and the first 2 books of the new series.
6.  He likes to hang out with his friends.  They come up with some pretty fun things to do together, like mini golf courses in our backyard and baseball using wiffle balls and tennis racquets.
7.  He likes to sing and dance.  He loves busting a move in the family room.
8.  He screams like a little girl.
9.  He is a ball of energy and loves being outside.

We love Chase and are so glad he is a part of our family.  He is still my little cuddle buddy and loves being close to Mike and I.  He has the best smile and a big laugh.  Love our little towhead with those big brown eyes!

No comments: