Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Thief

 Notice anything missing on my tomato plants?
I was really looking forward to my garden produce this year, but for some reason every time I went out to see if any tomatoes were ripe there never seemed to be any.  Each time I could have sworn there had been some that were getting close, but they always seemed to disappear.  They weren't on the ground so they hadn't fallen off, so what was happening?
Mike thought we had gophers or something in the lawn so he and Hunter set out a trap.  One morning I heard all kinds of noise and when I went out there guess who I found in the trap?

One big brown squirrel who I believe happened to be my tomato thief.  Mike was out of town so we left the squirrel in the trap until he got back.  I told the kids to stay away from it, but I kept seeing Michela sneak out to give it food.
Once Mike got back he took it up to the mountains and let it go.  He said it shot out of the trap when the door opened and never looked back.
Guess what?  Still no tomatoes.  Do you think he had a friend?

No comments: