We finally made it to the parade and was it hot! This is why I detest parades, I can't stand sitting out in the heat. The highlight of the parade was the candy for the kids. The "parade" consisted of a bunch of trucks and cars driving down the road throwing out candy. I saw maybe one float, one marching band, and a handful of girls doing dance routines. Not quite my idea of a parade. The kids enjoyed getting sprayed by the fire truck.
I loved the missionaries' sign, it was totally Napoleon Dynamite.
After the parade we went over to the house in Mt. Pleasant and hung out with all of the cousins. We had a yummy lunch. The kids had fun playing and I enjoyed talking to everyone. We headed out a little early, because Laina refused to take a nap. Of course she was asleep within 5 minutes once we hit the road. Shakes were calling our name so we ended the day with thick delicious shakes from the Shave 'n Cream on the way out of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment