Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Community

Chase with his fellow sheriffs.
Chase's class had their opera performance last night.  At my kids' school the classes have the opportunity to participate in a youth opera program.  The classes come up with the concept, the script, the costumes, props, backdrops, and the music.  A musician comes in and listens to the words and tunes the kids come up with and then writes the music for them.  I've loved every opera I've seen so far and it always makes  me laugh when ninjas slip in to each one of them.  This year Chase's class did a particularly exceptional opera in my opinion.  The theme was all about living in a community and what it means to be a community.  The cast consisted of ninjas, billionaires, wizards, robbers, and sheriffs.  The plot centered around a gold mine where the robbers stole the billionaires gold.  Everyone pitched in to help each other and in the end they were all a part of a wonderful community of friends.  Chase got to be a sheriff and Grandpa Larry loaned him one of his dad's old cowboy hats.  Chase did such a great job, I was so proud of him.  I love this program they work with, I think it is such a great experience for the kids.

No comments: