Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Skiing Buddies

 Last year was Hunter and Michela's first year of skiing.  They really seemed to enjoy it, so we decided to get them Ski Passes to Sundance this year.
Michela in her ski gear.

Hunter is all ready to go.

Laina loves to steal their ski poles.
They've gone a few times and are loving it.  They've gone with friends, with Chase and Dad, and just the two of them.  We got them bus passes so they can ride the ski bus back and forth.  I felt a little hesitant about sending them on the bus by themselves.  When we were in California, riding the BART over to San Francisco, I started thinking about all the times I rode the bus and BART around when I was their age.  Sometimes I think we try to coddle our kids too much and don't let them have any life experiences of their own.  They are perfectly capable of riding a bus that drives only back and forth to Sundance and is pretty much full of other kids just like them.  It's hard to put my worries aside, but if I want them to grow and take on responsibilities of their own I need to let them try things on their own sometimes.  Love that they are still such good friends after all these years and love doing things like this together.

No comments: