Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Best Thanksgiving Ever!

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at our house with my side of the family.  Two years ago we decided to do a nontraditional Thanksgiving with them and it was a big hit.  This year we thought we would do it again.  On the menu was Grilled Chicken, Steak, and lots of Grilled Veggies.  The Veggies were so good!!  I made my usual raspberry orange jello and there were heaps of garlic mashed potatoes.  The meal was completed with a big green salad and my sister Tiffany's homemade rolls topped with our homemade strawberry jam.  I'm starting to drool just thinking of it.  

For dessert the favorite treats were an oreo cheesecake and vanilla ice cream made by Tiffany and the traditional Hunt Family Frozen Lemon Pie made by me.  It was a fantastic meal!

Laina having fun trying to feed herself.

Marcus, Steph, Brian, Amy, and Tiffany

Kyle and Rachel

Mauri, Laina, and Mike

Michela, Hunter, Aria, and Chase

The Hunt Crew
We had so much fun hanging out, laughing a lot, playing Monopoly Deal, and relaxing in the Family Room.  At the end of the night we threw Just Dance 3 into the Wii and had a serious dance party.  The Hunt family loves a good dance party.  Tiffany, Michela, and I were the top players, but Marcus was holding his own.  The best part was watching Brian, Kyle, and Marcus get their grooves on.  Luckily we grabbed a camera and got some hilarious video.  We laughed even harder after we watched them.  I'll just say that was some workout.  We were all sweating and had to throw open the windows.  The only sad part was when Laina ran out into the middle of the dancing and got knocked on her back by Marcus' knee.  Luckily all she got was a little scrape on her chin and a bit of a sore mouth.  After everything was cleaned up and our guests had all gone home I asked the kids if they had enjoyed the party.  Michela said, "Mom, that was the best Thanksgiving Ever!"  My sentiments exactly.

3 comments:

Kristina Clemens said...

Yummy! It all looks so delicious...and of course, your family looks so happy together! =)
Kristina J.

Ashley said...

I have been trying to convince our families to do this for years, but I am always out voted. It looked like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Totally a selfish comment: do you have book suggestions for Lauren and Elise for Christmas? It would be fun to introduce them to something great they don't know about yet. I know that is a tough question because how would you know what they have read? Just thought I would ask! Thanksgiving looks so beautiful in your home!