Mike and Craig spent most of the first two days we were there finishing the cork floor that had been ripped up during our summer visit. It looks beautiful and Mom was so excited to have it finished.
On Christmas Eve we went to see the lights at the Oakland Temple. This temple will forever hold a special place in my heart, it is the one I looked at while growing up and especially because it is where I was married.
![]() |
| Aria and her new Unicorn Pillow Pet from Santa. |
| Laina playing some tunes. |
| The Lego Boys |
![]() |
| Michela with her new hat and iPod Touch Case. |
![]() |
| Some reading material for Mike |
![]() |
| A new jacket for me |
After stuffing ourselves the adults went for a little walk down in the Blake Estate Gardens while the kids stayed at the house and played. It was like old times when Steve climbed the fence and opened the gate for us. We had the place all to ourselves. It was fun sharing our adventures with the rest of the family. Kurt's family came down in the afternoon and the kids were excited to play with their cousins. More presents were opened and the house was full of laughter and love. Somehow we still had room for a dinner that night with grilled chicken, asparagus, jello, salad, and garlic bread. Of course Mom had made frozen lemon pie and frozen raspberry swirl pie for dessert. Yum!
On Monday the boys went golfing while Shelley and I took the kids to see a movie. "Arthur Christmas" was a big hit and I think that will be one we'll be watching next year. At the movies I ran into Mr. and Mrs. Morrish, the parents of one of my childhood best friends. I always seem to run into them every Christmas. It was fun to hear about Jennifer and see how she was doing.
Tuesday was a day to relax. We took a walk up to the school so Hunter could fly his new helicopter and the kids played and ran around.
On Wednesday we drove out to the La Fayette Reservoir and had a fun walk with Shannon and Jaxon. Then we drove out to Concord for lunch and a trip to the Build a Bear Workshop. Grandma treated all of the grandkids to a animal of their choice. They all came away with some pretty cute new toys.
Thursday was Aria's 5th birthday. We spent the day in San Francisco with Tiff. Unfortunately Chase was sick so he and Laina stayed home with Grandma. We rode BART over and walked up to Union Square, through Chinatown, and over to Little Italy. In Chinatown we checked out all of the little shops, bought some fun souvenirs, "toured" the Fortune Cookie Factory (it's one room with three old ladies at machines), bought some fortune cookies, and grossed out at the open markets with all of their weird sea food and hanging ducks.
| The Gate to Chinatown |
| Hunter checking out the swords |
![]() |
| Mmmm, Gelato. |
![]() |
| The Trans America Building |
On Saturday we packed up and got in the car for the long ride home.
Again beautiful weather, but with a coughing Chase it wasn't as much fun as the drive out. I felt horrible too and was in and out of sleep for most of the drive. Laina did pretty good, but she started screaming about an hour away from home and didn't stop. She totally leaked through her diaper in Wendover. We couldn't get to her suitcase, but luckily Michela had a shirt in her backpack. We through the "dress" on Laina, pulled her jacket on over it and braved Arby's for dinner. She looked like such a funny little kids walking around in that big ol' t-shirt.
We had a great trip with the family. I love going out to California for Christmas every year. We always have such wonderful time relaxing, hanging out with family, and enjoying the milder California winter. Thanks for the wonderful time Mom!!










2 comments:
Dreamy Christmas! Aria looks SOOO grown up! Happy birthday to our sweet little girls!
Hey! I just read this post; I can't believe I made it into your blog and I'm very glad that you still consider me to be a crack up ;-)
Post a Comment