Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Snow Forts, Snow Angels, Snow Babies, and Snow Fights

On Saturday the kids woke up to fresh snow on the ground.  There was only a few inches, but that was enough for them to want to get in their snow clothes and head out for some fun.  Michela really wanted to take Laina outside with them so we dug through the clothing boxes and found some snow clothes small enough for her.  She loved trudging through the snow. 


 She did end up falling quite a bit though.  Michela and the boys worked on snow forts.



 
Laina inspecting their work.   Aria wanted to make snow angels.

  A few snowballs were thrown.


  Don't even think about it Mister.    And a helping hand was given.
    Isn't that the cutest picture ever?!  I wish the good feelings could have lasted.  After a while I took Laina in and started on the laundry and housework.  I decided to let the kids play for awhile before I called them in to do their chores.  About an hour later Michela received a phone call and I went down to let her know.  As I walked across the kitchen I saw that they had made a snowman together.  I thought, "how nice that they are having so much fun together and getting along."  I opened the door to call for Michela and I saw her and Chase wrestling on the ground beating on each other.  Hunter was pelting Michela's snow fort with snow balls and the snow forts were in shambles.  I told them to stop fighting and as they got up Michela and Chase began kicking each other's forts.  Chase was in tears and screaming at Michela, Hunter was sitting on the ground pouting, and Michela was kicking as hard as she could.  What had started out as a beautiful fun filled day ended in turmoil and tears.  Why can't we all just get along?

2 comments:

meg said...

LOL! Because they're siblings...they don't get along until they're much, much older. Lucky! My kids are going to be totally jealous about the snow!

Michele said...

That's true Megan. In fact, Matt used to bite my arm in Grandma Staker's red room. Larry had to come upstairs and sit us on his lap and talk about our fight. :) And now.....I am Matt's favorite cousin. Ha ha! :)