This year Halloween was a bit different for us. The kids were still super excited about costumes and candy. I was still sewing away all week trying to get costumes done by Halloween. The house was decorated and the weather was beautiful. The problem? My kids all wanted to go trick or treating with their friends! I was excited to finally go out with them instead of handing out candy at the door (and stuffing my face with candy) and they all wanted to go their separate ways. Michela went with her friend Rachel in a different neighborhood. Hunter went with his friend Adam. Chase went with his friends Ryan and Jacob. I was left pushing the stroller and taking Aria and Laina. It would have been fun, but after about 20 minutes Aria was done. She said she was too tired to walk anymore and I was tired of her freaking out whenever she saw a cat or a dog. Oh well, the kids looked adorable and at least Aria got to wear her costume at school and dance class, so my hard work didn't go to waste.
Hunter was a Death Eater from Harry Potter. He couldn't wear a mask to school so we painted his face to look like one.
Chase was Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter.
Aria was a pretty little witch. Laina was a sweet little ghost. We tried to teach her to say, "Boo" but she was too afraid to say anything while trick or treating. Aria treated a few of the neighbors with a little Halloween song.
Laina did love greeting the trick or treaters at the door though, she made everyone laugh when she came running and shouting every time the doorbell rang. The funniest thing was watching her try to get into all the candy. One time she knocked over the bowl and was covered in candy.
Michela was her own creation. She saw these cool masquerade masks at Target and fell in love with this feathered one. She wore it all the time the week before. She picked out this tutu skirt and these fun tights to go with it. She already had the shoes and we sewed some sequin strips onto a shirt from her closet. I think it turned out to be a pretty fun outfit.
It was fun chatting with friends out on the street and at our door. I loved seeing all the neighbor kids in their fun costumes. There were witches, ghosts, football players, princesses, mermaids, cats, clowns, pirates, wizards, and more. I think the thing I love the most about Halloween is that you get to use your imagination and become anything you want to be. Chase was already coming up with ideas for next year.
1 comment:
IT was fun seeing what your kids were for Halloween!!
Post a Comment