On Friday our friends, the Petersons, invited us to go with them to Payson Lakes for some canoeing and fishing. We borrowed some canoes from a mutual friend and headed down to Payson. I've never been to Payson Lakes, there are so many things I've never seen in Utah, and it was so pretty. The fall colors were spectacular on the ride up the canyon. It was a bit chilly but we brought lots of layers so we would be warm. Mike took the kids out on the lake and spent most of the time fishing with them. They caught a few fish, Mike cleaned them, and brought them home with us. I don't like fish, but he actually cooked them up the next night and they were quite tasty.
Laina and I hung out on the beach and took a little walk with Aria, and Abrie along the trail that circles the lake.
We ate a picnic dinner and warmed up some water for some much needed hot chocolate. We were going to try doing s'mores, but by that time were were all ready to go home. It was a fun little trip, but next time we'll have to remember to go a couple of weeks earlier so we don't end up so cold.

No comments:
Post a Comment