Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dance Festival

Every year the elementary schools have a big Dance Festival the last week of school. Unfortunately both of the schools always end up having them on the same day. Chase cares a bit more than Hunter and Michela so I went to see Chase first. The second grade did a dance to the Tiki Room. The boys were dressed up in swim trunks and the girls had on grass skirts. Chase did a great job in his dance. He was very serious, making sure he remembered all the steps. He is in the bright yellow shorts.
I then raced over to Hunter and Michela's school and got there right as the sixth grade was finishing. Luckily they turned on the music so that everyone could dance and I saw Michela dancing with her friends.

Hunter's grade did some square dances which I had seen already at a previous performance.

We did make sure we said hi to them both though. I'm so glad the schools have so many fun activities for the kids. I was a bit sad that I didn't get to see Michela in her last dance. Luckily Hunter and Chase will be at the same school next year so I can see them both!

No comments: