Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Graduate



Today was Michela's 6th grade graduation! I can't believe she will be starting Jr. High next year. Mike and I were able to go see her graduation ceremony at school this morning. It was with much happiness and a little bit of sadness that I watched her walk across the stage and receive her diploma. Where has my little girl gone? I was watching this beautiful young woman up there and I still often picture her as my chubby little smiley baby girl. It is weird having her move on from this stage of life. I don't think I'm quite ready for it.


Trying to get a picture of her class.
Aubrey, Rachel, and Michela



We went to a little picnic afterwards and were able to eat and chat with her and her friend Rachel. They both aren't that excited about the dance scheduled for later. Michela told me there is going to be a girl/boy slow dance. I told her she could go to the bathroom during that one. :) Ha, ha, ... I remember my sixth grade dance where I slowed danced with Brad Gooding. I thought I was the luckiest girl in the room. Too funny. I hope she has a great time, even though she had to wear a skirt all day. Love that girl!

1 comment:

meg said...

Way to go Michela! Jr. High is next? Whoa, I'm with you, Maur...where has the time gone? What a beautiful young lady you are, Michela! Can't wait to see you guys in a few short weeks!