Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Got My Booty Kicked

The other day I turned on the TV and Good Things Utah happened to be on. They were featuring a new exercise class called Ballet Blast. As I watched the segment I became more interested in it. I've been looking for a way to get myself back into regular exercise and I wanted something that would feel new and fun. I looked it up and found out the class was in Lehi. I was so excited to try it and convinced my sister, Tiffany, to go with me. We went last night and that was the biggest booty kicking I've had in a long time.
The instructor is INSANE! She is like the energizer bunny on crack, but in a good way. :) It was nonstop, heart pumping, head spinning action from the get go. The class is a combination of Ballet exercises at the barre, weight lifting, a little dance, and core insanity. I was sweating bullets and my whole body felt like jello when I was done. I can feel the soreness setting in and I'm sure by tomorrow I won't be able to even lift my pinky. The only bad thing is that the class is from 9:30-10:30 at night which means by the time I drove back home, showered and got ready for bed it was about 11:45. Even though I got to bed late and Laina woke up at 6:30 this morning, I still feel good about going. Am I crazy for contemplating about going again? Yes. Will I be there next Monday night at 9:30? You betcha!

2 comments:

meg said...

Hahaha! That is awesome! Good thing you got this blog posted before your hands are too sore.

{jane} said...

wow. good job! sounds fun. :)