Sunday, June 12, 2011

Soccer Season

This year we had four kids in soccer. I thought last year was crazy with three, but this year kept us going all Saturday. Michela was a dynamo out there. Her team wasn't the most experienced this year so she felt like she needed to be everywhere to help out. She's the only girl on her team who ever made any goals. She was a little bummed out, but I told her it would be a good chance for her to work hard. The other girls on her team sure appreciated her, that's for sure. She tried out for a AA team for the fall, so I am hoping she'll learn a lot more and hopefully enjoy it a bit more.
Hunter really worked hard.He greatly improved throughout the season. He had a good coach who made them work and didn't put up with any slackers. He still kept his sunny attitude and I often saw him out on the field chatting up his team mates and the other players. I loved watching him bound down the field.
Chase is showing some serious athletic talent lately. He had an awesome coach who taught the kids some great skills and moves.I loved watching Chase with his tongue out in concentration as he tried out the moves he had been taught. He is fast and doesn't mind a bit of contact.
Aria was probably the most fun to watch. She is quite coordinated but not very aggressive. She was this tiny little thing who leapt and skipped down the field. She was always smiling and having a good time. By the end of the season she was actually coming in contact with the ball every once in a while. :) But usually she was trailing the pack in her own little world. She had the best time though, and loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4 kids in soccer? I am in AWE! Way to go Michela in scoring all those goals. It's an opportunity to shine! We saw Ally Carter at King's English yesterday and I thought of you for introducing Lauren to those books. So much fun!