I finished the skirt for Laina! I was having a bad day a week or so ago and I decided I needed to make something. I had wanted to get this skirt done by Valentine's day, but it was not to be. I did get it finished for Church on Sunday and she looked so darn cute in it!
I used some leftover fabric from the Valentine skirt I made Aria last year.
I don't know what it is, but once I start cutting out fabric and sewing my whole body starts to relax. I could feel the tension releasing as I started rolling my rotary cutter. I get in this kind of zen zone when I am sewing. I mentioned this to my sister in law and she looked at me like I was a bit crazy. I know sewing stresses out a lot of people, but for me the whole process of creating is so soothing to my soul. The only time it is stressful is when I am trying to unpick stitches with a baby on my lap! :) Hopefully for my sanity there is lots of more sewing time in the near future!
3 comments:
It looks awesome! Nice work - now for me to learn some of those sewing skills.
Yes...I'm one of those who thinks zewing is the opposite of zen. But I appreciate people who can sew and who love it! What a cute skirt! I'm sorry you were having a bad day. We need to get together!
OK, that's the cutest thing ever! I'm with you on the loving to create, but since I don't know my sewing machine like I should sometimes it can be frustrating. But, when it works I love it too! :)
Post a Comment