Monday, February 14, 2011

All We Need is Love

Happy Valentine's Day!
I decided to be a little creative today and make a cute little shirt for Laina. I appliqued the Love wording on her onesie and it turned out so cute! I was trying to make a skirt to go with it, but I only got it cut out. Hopefully I'll have it done by Sunday for church. Isn't she the cutest little thing! I just love her to pieces. She is sitting up so well now and loves to be able to see what is going on around her. She rolls everywhere and has even attempted the army crawl. She is saying Da, Da, enjoys shouting and loves to babble. She continues to impress us with her raspberries and usually ends up spraying us at dinner time.
Hunter and Michela made a funny Valentine box for Hunter to collect his cards and candy in. It says, "Feed me Loves Bub!" Hunter named him Fred. These two have such a silly sense of humor. I am always surprised at what they come up with.

I was a bit on the grouchy side about Valentine's day this year. It might be the fact that I have been dealing with sick kids for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I haven't had one decent night of sleep during that time. It also might have to do with me feeling like a beached whale because I can't seem to find the time to exercise. I have no energy and since Laina is so sporadic in the nap department I never know when I'll be able to have a stretch of time long enough to throw on my workout gear and get moving. It always seems like by the time I get dressed and get down to the basement she has woken up and her screams are blasting through the intercom. I can't wait for Spring so I can throw her and Aria into the stroller and go for a walk outside.
We ended up having a nice dinner together, Mike brought home Costa Vida, and we had a fun Family Night. It's funny how Valentine's day has changed over the years with the addition of kids. Personally I kind of like it. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

meg said...

Love that Laina! What a cutie pie in her sweet shirt you made. Way to go! I love the Valentine card/candy catcher! My friend (Jenna's Kindy teacher) has been wearing a pedometer with the other teachers. She mentioned before she had even left work (at 11:30 am!) she had 11,000 steps! I noticed I have a pedometer on my nano so I hooked it to me yesterday. I was almost to 9,000 steps at 5 pm. Today I'm stepping everywhere to get over yesterday's pathetic number. Maybe you should give that a try if you can't make it to the treadmill just yet. :) Love ya!

Life in the Blender-Blog 2 said...

I heard the same thing about pedometers. I love them but mine always end up breaking or just quit working! grrr. anyway I heard that people who wear pedometers do better because like megan said they try to break their record or make sure they at least hit 11,000 steps daily. I know I was always in compettion with myself!! GOOD LUCK!! I'm going to have to go get me another one for the umpteenth time!!!