What is the fascination with scissors and little kids? On Wednesday Aria proudly presented to me her new haircut, a haircut of her own making. Sadly I don't have much control over what she is doing while I am nursing the baby. I'm going to have to start locking her in the room with me.
Why do they do this? I think Hunter is the only one who has never taken the scissors to his own hair. Michela did it a couple of times, Chase has cut his own hair twice as well as Aria's, and now Aria has taken her turn. I try to keep all of the scissors put away and out of reach, but the kids insist on leaving them laying around where a curious little 3 year old can get her hands on them. Aargh!
Here are the before pictures. (Note- She did not have bangs before this!)
Love the hound dog eyes on her sad little face when I told her we needed to go have it fixed. At least she was going for a cute little layered look.
Our wonderful neighbor and friend Lisa, who fixed Aria's hair last time, came to the rescue once again. Here she is snipping away, trying to fix this shaggy mess.
And the finished product.

Aria loves her new do. I think she looks so darling with bangs. Mike says she looks like me, but I think she looks a lot like Michela did when she was this age.

I'm just proud of myself for not freaking out this time. Maybe it's because I'm getting used to the sight of my children with sections of hair haphazardly chopped from their heads or maybe I've just realized there's not much I can do about it and it's only hair, it will grow back eventually.
1 comment:
It looks darling. She had a vision no one else had yet and took matters into her own hands.
Post a Comment