At Hunter's school they are having an invention convention this week. The students in fourth grade where all given a fork to use to invent something else. They were allowed to bend it, paint it, break it, weld it, anything they wanted, but they could only use forks. This had Hunter stumped the entire week, so of course he started to panic a bit last night, since it was due today.
Mike suggested he look through his scout book for inspiration and then he headed out the door for a scout meeting. I had to deal with Laina, so I wasn't much help. Hunter's first try was a grabber thing where he had stuck another fork in between the tines of the first fork. The other fork happened to be one of my good forks and I informed him there was no way he was using my good forks! I handed him a bunch of plastic forks and told him to do whatever he wanted to them. I watched him as he played around with them and then I practically saw the lightbulb
appear over his head. "Where's the duct tape?" he asked. He ended up using his original fork, four other plastic forks, some duct tape, and some pliers. This is what he came up with.
Introducing the Quad-Pod.
He bent the first fork so that it could hold the camera up. It started out as a tripod, but he ended up needing one more leg to balance it out. Pretty clever for a 9 year old, don't you think? I love watching his brain at work. Wonder what he'll come up with in the years to come?
1 comment:
Wow, Hunter! Way to go! I could actually use one of those! :)
Post a Comment