I can't believe that Laina is already 3 weeks old! She is such a cutie, which is a good thing since she keeps Mommy and Daddy up at night. She is adored by all and will probably never learn to crawl or walk because she is held almost all the time. Whenever she makes so much as a little squawk, one of the kids is scooping her up. I have to keep reminding them that it is okay if she cries a little.
Chase is always asking to hold Laina when she is not so happy. He holds her as she is screaming her head off, just smiling away. This morning he got lucky and he was able to hold her while she was dozing off.
Don't you just love that little foot sticking out?!
Laina is getting a little bit better with the crying in the evening. I think since we know it is coming it isn't bothering us as much. We were actually able to go out to dinner last night as a family and she just slept in her car seat. I'd forgotten how nice it was to go places with a new baby because they usually just sleep the whole time.
Laina is working on her neck muscles, trying to hold her head up when she is on your shoulder or on her tummy. She loves to push with her legs. She likes listening to music and the sounds of the washing machine and dryer. Her favorite way to sleep is curled up on your chest. And she is staying awake more during the day, especially in the morning.
Time is already flying by too fast and I need to enjoy every little moment with her. I'm so glad it is summer and we can all enjoy her together.
5 comments:
Oh she is so so so cute! It makes my arms ache a little bit to hold her. You are so lucky Mauri. I'm glad that things are getting better. I know--I remember going, wow babies sleep a lot don't they?
She is darling!! How nice to have so many big helpers/holder's around!! I kids were all so little and close together that we did not ever get to experience a new baby in this way.
Enjoy!
Oh, Mauri! She is adorable. I love all the dark hair. Babies are so fun. Well, of course not the crying ones but you know what I mean. :) Enjoy her while you can, it goes so fast!!!!
Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby!! She is darling--I am so happy everything went well and she is doing so well. What a cute family!
Your kids are beautiful. What priceless pics. Congrates on the baby, she is so pretty with all that dark hair. Good luck with the crying. We had a crier and it's so hard when you are down in the trenches with it, just remember it too will pass! Best wishes!
Post a Comment