Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Week Old

I can't believe a week has already gone by. Mostly I've just been a feeding machine and trying to catch up on my sleep whenever possible. She has already been ousted from our room. That has to be a record. Usually my kids have lasted a couple of weeks, but I just can't get any sleep listening to all her grunts and groans. She's also just like the other kids when they were babies, she hates being swaddled. She's always finding a way to work her arms out of the blanket.
Laina is a doll and we love having her around. Hunter is always close by, watching her and adoring her. Whenever Aria is around Laina she proudly proclaims, "I love my baby sister." Chase is always asking when she is going to wake up so he can have a chance to hold her. And Michela is such a big help, she loves holding Laina whenever it is needed. She also likes to help me pick out which outfit Laina will be wearing that day.

Laina is staying awake more and more during the day. She loves looking around and listening to everyone talk. She makes the funniest faces and sounds.
She loves getting her hair washed but doesn't enjoy getting sponged off. She burps a lot! I forgot how much babies need to burp. She is so beautiful. I love her long eyelashes, little hands and feet, her soft skin, and all that lovely dark brown hair.
Along with new experiences this week I also have been experiencing all those things I had forgotten about having a newborn.

1. They are so tiny and easy to tote around.
2. They sleep a lot of the time, except of course when you want them to.
3. They look so cute in all those tiny clothes.
4. You get absolutely No Sleep!
5. Blow outs. Who knew those little bodies could create such big explosions?!
6. How much it hurts when you nurse. Ouch!
7. How fun it is to just watch them sleep.
8. How hard it is to get a shower.
9. How you have no time for anything but nursing, changing diapers, and putting them to sleep.
10. How absolutely Precious they are.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my she is darling! Can't wait to meet the newest Staker. I have a present I will drop off this week. Glad to hear she is doing well.

Lynette said...

She is beautiful!! Can't wait to meet her.

The Benches said...

I love her! I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet her! Congrats, again!

Chelsea said...

she is beautiful! She has wonderful features and lovely eyes. I need to stop by and visit!!

Enjoy your newborn. Hope you're recovering quickly and getting all the help you need!

Love Ya!