Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Car Caddy for Daynen

On Saturday it was my nephew's 3rd Birthday. The theme of the party was "Cars". I didn't want to just go buy him some car toy and leave it at that, I wanted to make it a bit more special and personal. I remembered a tutorial I had seen on Homemade by Jill for a cozy car caddy.
This is what I came up with.
It has pockets for five cars and a little road to drive them on. It folds in half, then rolls up and gets tied off with the ribbon. Nice and compact so you can throw it in your purse or diaper bag.
What could be more perfect for a 3 year old little boy than a way to pack his beloved cars around. It was a big hit!
My sister in law said he took it to church with him the next day and he and his little brother played with it the whole time. Perfect timing!
It only took me about an hour to make. I could have done a few more cute things to it, but of course I had procrastinated and didn't have any extra time. I used a pair of jeans from the cast off pile and some other scraps of fabric I had laying around. All I had to buy were the little matchbox cars. Little Boy Car Heaven!

4 comments:

meg said...

That is so cute! I made one for Logan a while back, those boys love their cars! :)

Anonymous said...

I kind of can't BELIEVE how many amazing projects you are doing while with child. I was lucky to put my shoes on. Love all your work Mauri.

Very Shannon said...

Awwww, yours turned out so cute!

Sara said...

Seriously, we love love LOVE the car roll-up cozy! It is Mommy and Daddy's FAVORITE birthday present for sure! We survived yet another Sacrament meeting thanks to Auntie Mauri!