Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Gouda

Last night after we had scriptures and prayer Mike and I were sitting out on the couch talking when Aria walked out of her room with the Baby Name book. I asked her what name she wanted to name the baby. She ran her finger down one of the pages and proclaimed, "Gouda!" Mike and I both started laughing, but I wasn't surprised. This is her new name for all her baby dolls. Don't ask me where she came up with it. Michela's first name for her baby doll when she was about the same age was "Xexerra". Nope, no Jenny, Amy, or Kate's around here.

Aria then looked at the book and then at me and asked, "Mom, what's Gouda?" She wanted to know what the name means. I giggled, "Gouda means Stinky Cheese." She ran her finger down the page again and when she stopped she said, "Gouda. Stinky Cheese. Right!" Mike and I had a good laugh at that.

She then gave us a few other names just for good measure, like Lexa, Cinda, and Cinderella. We still haven't decided on a name. The kids are still giving me suggestions but most of them are a bunch of nonsense. My favorite suggestion they gave at Christmas was Candy Cane. Mike's favorite is Sienna, but it doesn't seem right to me. I worry she'll end up with a lisp and will go around spraying everyone whenever she says her name, "Sienna Staker". :) I guess we still have plenty of time to come up with a name we can love. I think Aria's name was the only one I fell in love with early on in my pregnancy. The other names were picked at the very end. Michela's name was a total surprise to both of our families, her name popped out at me pretty last minute. Heard any pretty girl names lately?

2 comments:

meg said...

That is funny! Good thing Sara doesn't have a lisp. hehe I have been thinking about names for you...why, I just found out our ggggg grandfather (John Lowry's dad) was Eagle Feather, born in Cheyenne Nation...I know you like family names. ;) I guess I'll keep thinking.

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

ummm...Natalie? :)
hahahahaha