Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chuckathon


No, this post is not about throwing up or anything like that. If it was it would have been titled"Up-Chuckathon". No, I am talking about the show "Chuck". I had heard about this show from various friends and family but my plate was full and I don't like to jump into a show midseason. It's kind of like starting a book from the middle. Not recommended. I finally Netflixed the first season this summer and I fell in love with the show. It is so funny! If you haven't seen it I highly recommend renting the first season. The premise of the show is that this guy, named Chuck, works as part of the Nerd Herd at the local Buy More Store. His best friend from college, who ended up betraying him, is a CIA agent and sends Chuck this computer file with all of the different secret service intelligence information that the U.S. has accumulated over the years. Chuck ends up "downloading" it into his brain, it's all in pictures, and now he has to be protected so that another country doesn't capture him and get all of that info.
This is a spy show, but Chuck is anything but a super spy. He is a lanky, kind of geeky, sweet guy who lives with his sister and doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. Bottom line, it is hilarious! There are so many funny and crazy characters that you'll fall in love with. His best friend Morgan has some of the best lines in the show.
So the third season starts on Sunday, but they didn't release the 2nd season on DVD until Tuesday. My sister and I started our Chuck marathon last night by watching the first DVD in the set. I needed a good laugh so badly and this had me cracking up. We are hoping to watch the rest of the season by Sunday, but we don't know if we'll find time to do it. Thank goodness for the DVR because I could record the new shows and save them until we are done. Isn't modern technology grand. And from the previews I've seen of the 3rd season, the show is only going to get better. Thanks "Chuck" for putting a little much needed happy silliness into my life.

3 comments:

meg said...

This is Russ' favorite show, and one of my top favorite shows! Am I going to have to make you a "Nerd Herd" shirt too? ;) Enjoy your Chuckathon!

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant and sick with Anna I remember watching TONS of episodes of "Lois and Clark." They were my friends that saw me through. So I get it. Now I have something new to Net Flixx--thanks!

Kris Tina said...

Well you know how Greg and I like a good tv show. Sweet. We'll get started. Also - your Christmas card got returned to us (yes, just on Monday even though we sent them out in November). I must need to fix your address or something.