I've been reading a lot of young adult fiction the last couple of years. I like the fact that they are usually clean and without a load of swearing. Mystery, romance (not the smutty kind), adventure, humor, fairy tales, sci fi, historical fiction,... I like it all! So here is my Top 10 List for 2009.
10. The Time Travelers by Linda Buckley Archer- A fun children's book about these two children who go back in time. They have to find a way to adapt as well as try to find a way home.
9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- A fictional book set during the holocaust narrated by death.
8. The Summer Kitchen by Lisa Wingate- Her books are very uplifting and inspirational.
7. Ink Death by Cornelia Funke- The final book in the Ink Heart series. Beautiful series!
6. The Frog Princess Series by E. D. Baker- Not your typical Princess in these books. She gets into some pretty funny situations. A joy to read.
5. Star Garden by Nancy E. Turner- The third book of the These is My Words series. Once again I was amazed at all this poor woman had to go through. She is one tough cookie though and this book was a great story.
4. The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester- I loved this children's book about accepting ourselves, tolerance and friendship. Piper McCloud is pure spunk and sunshine, with a little X-Men thrown in.
3. Graceling by Kristin Cashore- Lots of adventure, action and romance. Graceling is part Heroes, The Thief and Alias wrapped into one story.
2. The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins- I can't wait for the third book to come out in this gripping series. These books are serious page turners full of action, suspense and heart.
1. The Thief, The Queen of Attolia and the King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner- I adored these books and read the three books in about a week! A new one is coming out in March, can't wait. I loved the characters, the humor, and the action. I especially loved that they weren't too predictable. Loved the twist and turns. Definitely my favorite books of the year.
2 comments:
I am saving a copy of your list on my computer. We have lots of books in common and I always trust your reviews. Thanks so much.
i'm impressed you read 10 books...going back to college has definitely affected my leisure reading. darn.
Post a Comment