I have been so excited for this new Fall season of TV to get started. I heard some buzz about a few new shows and I was anxious to see if they were any good. Plus I couldn't wait for my favorites from last year to return. Heroes, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance and Castle were among my returning must sees. The new shows I wanted to watch were Glee, The Forgotten, Accidentally on Purpose and Flash Forward.
Glee is so funny and I love all the song and dance routines. Accidentally on Purpose was cute but they crammed so much into the first episode it was like a race. I'm hoping a slower pace will ensue over the course of the season. The Forgotten was really good. Lots of mystery, clue hunting and crime solving. Plus it has Christian Slater in it. For all of you girls who loved "Heathers", "Pump up the Volume", "Robin Hood", "Bed of Roses"... you know you loved him at one time. I guess I always kind of digged the bad boys. :) He had a new show last year called "My Own Worst Enemy" and I really liked it, but of course the network axed it like a bunch of other good shows with potential last year. Don't even get me started. So I'm excited to see where this show goes.Now for my new FAVORITE! "Flash Forward" was so awesome!

It was a killer of a pilot. It totally reminded me of when I saw the pilot of "Lost" and I knew I was going to love the show. "Flash Forward" has lots of characters which lends itself to lots of good and interesting stories. The premise is that the entire world blacked out for like 2 minutes at exactly the same time. All this mayhem happened because of it. Think of all the car accidents, people falling, doctors in the middle of surgery, planes, helicopters, ... you get the picture. While everyone blacked out they all had a vision of their future. This show is part drama, action, sci fi, mystery, conspiracy theory, a lot of what I love in "Lost". So if you are into this kind of stuff I highly recommend the show. Does anyone else have any new favorites?
4 comments:
I caught the last half of Flash Forward and I liked what I saw. I'll have to DVR Glee, I need to check it out. My favorite, as always, is Biggest Loser. I'm waiting for 30 Rock to start again (funniest show EVER!), but that's about it.
Scott and I like to net flixx BBC's MI-5 and Robin Hood. Seriously such good shows. We like Project Runway too! We'll have to check out your shows sometime!
I have two words to say about Flash Forward...LOVE IT! TV is finally getting good again. So much less reality crap! Not that ALL reality tv is bad, but there has just been WAY too much of it. Yay for scripted TV!!! Please let some of these shows (Flash Forward, Glee, The Forgotten, etc.) survive the season!
I agree, Mauri. Flash Forward was outstanding. JJ Abrams really knows how to cook up a great plot for his shows. Among the best I've ever seen - LOST. Having said that, it's going to take a couple of more episodes for me to really get committed to Flash Forward, but it has tons of promise. I really enjoy LOST's Penny (Lacey Chabert). She's fabulous!
I'm also a closet fan of DWTS. Go Donny Osmond!
Take care.
-Alex
Post a Comment