Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On It's Way!

We had a gorgeous Easter this year.  The weather was beautiful and it looked like Spring was trying to push its way out of Winter.  Here is a cute picture of all the kids in our backyard in their Sunday Best. 
And Michela took one of Mike and I as well.  
We started off the  morning with an Easter Egg Hunt in the basement.  Last year the kids snuck down before Mike and I had woken up so this year I taped ribbon across the opening to the stairs with a note not to go down until Mom and Dad had gotten out of bed.  I hate not being able to see their faces when they first see the Christmas presents or the easter baskets and eggs.  
Aria was so excited this year.  She was running all over the place looking for her eggs.  
Chase found his pretty quickly, but his basket was tucked away in the theater behind the bean bags.  
Hunter was trying to carry all of his eggs around while he searched for his basket.

Michela was a bit of a stinker.  She slid through the ribbons and went and took a peek downstairs even though I had just told her not too!  The Easter bunny had fun trying to hide her eggs where they weren't as obvious.
After church we went to Mike's parents house for the annual Easter feast and Hunt.  The dads all hid the eggs and baskets in the backyard.  All the cousins had so much fun searching for all the eggs and their baskets.  Peggy and Lynette always go all out with the candy and toys.  
Mike was helping Aria go around and find her eggs.
I love this picture of Chase!
Michela was all business making sure she got one of each color and size.
This year there was also one silver and one gold egg.  They were the best hidden.  When Hunter found the silver egg he was so excited until he shook it.  "It's empty!", he cried.  Lynette told him to open it and to his delight he found a dollar bill inside.
What a fun day we had!  It's so much fun getting together as a family and enjoying the beautiful day.  

3 comments:

meg said...

Looks like so much fun, beautiful weather too! Glad you had such a fun day!

Lynette said...

I love that one of Chase too! I wish I had taken a picture of the ones that got the gold and silver eggs so I was happy to see you took one of Hunter.
Fond memories.........

Anonymous said...

How fun! It looks like the perfect Easter!