Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to You!

Happy 37th Birthday to my wonderful husband Mike!  We started off the day with a good workout.  Those exercise videos are kicking our butts and making us sore, in a good way.  Chase, Aria and I met him at work for lunch.  He grabbed some sandwiches from this new place in Spanish Fork, I think it is called "Jackie's"?  Something like that.  Oh, my goodness, it was so delicious!  We shared a chicken pesto sandwich and some tasty pasta salad.  I thought I would surprise him with some cookies so we got a dozen to share with the everyone down at the store.  Turns out he had bought some cupcakes and a huge cinnamon roll.  Then Matt and Ben come into the lunch room and pulled out a dozen cupcakes as well.  We had a serious treat fest going on.  For a bit of fun, Tyler pulled out the new Segway they won and the carpet convention in Florida last month.  I was a bit nervous to try it out with my high heeled boots, but I soon got the hang of it and had a fun time cruising around the warehouse.
I am planning on cooking him his favorite dish tonight, Chicken Parmigiana, and I guess we can finish off the cookies as well.  :)  He is so funny, when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday tonight, he said, "Finish our Phase 10 game with the kids."  He is loving the card games with the family, especially when he wins!  
I am so thankful for all the hard work he puts in for our family.  He is a great example to me and the kids.  I love that he is so supportive of me and trying to exercise and get healthy.  It's actually kind of fun having him down in the workout room with me in the mornings.  Have a very Happy day Mikey we all love you so very much! 

3 comments:

Lynette said...

OK, I am totally jealous of the segway! How fun. I need that for shopping at the mall. Not that I am always at the mall it just sounds fun for the mall or something. Maybe crusing around New York!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a great guy! That is so sweet his birthday wish is a Phase 10 game with the kids! That's one we haven't played before! Hope he has a great day! It's a good thing he started out with a workout with all of the treat opportunties!

MiNdY said...

Such a good guy. I was glad to hear it was such a good birthday for him. Nothing better than a fun stress free day! Especially on your birthday. Sweet post Maur. Love you guys!