Monday, February 2, 2009

Frame Projects

So this last week I finally decided I would set aside some time to get a few projects done that I've been wanting to do for a while now.  The first idea came to me when we were up at Swiss days this year.  I have a lot of earrings and I wanted some way to store them so I could actually see them.  Mike got me a jewelry box a few Christmases ago, but I hate having to dig around in the little drawers trying to find the earrings I want that day.  So up at Swiss days I saw at one of the booths that they had like an old window frame with chicken wire in it to hold up some of their display stuff like hair clips and things like that.  The light bulb went on and my project was born.  So I got a plain wooden frame, painted it and glued screen door material into it.  I also threw a few knobs on it to hang some of my bracelets.  It turned out great.  It is so functional and beautiful at the same time!











I also decorated these cute little frames from Ikea to put into Aria's room.  Megan gave me this idea with her brilliant work, check out her beautiful frames.  Thanks Megan!  I covered the frames with scrapbook paper and then glazed over them.  They looked a little plain to me so I added some cute vinyl lettering to jazz them up a bit.  They turned out so cute!  I absolutely adore them in her room against her pink walls.  
















Now that I've got some project momentum I've anxious to see what's next on the list.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Way to go! I am way behind on creative projects.

meg said...

Maur! Those turned out so perfect! I love the vinyl lettering, and the sweet little pictures! They are awesome! I love the earring holder too, I wish I needed that, I only have a few pairs of earrings! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired looking at those! Your jewlery hanging is brilliant. Way way impressed.

Sara said...

Super cute! Where do you fond the time?