The kids finally earned their Wii! With the Christmas money they got from Grandpa Larry and Grandma Peggy they pooled it together and had enough for their half of the Wii. Last summer they first played some Wii games at a friends house and they came home asking if we could get one. We told them they were expensive so we made them a deal that if they saved up enough of their money for half of it, we would put in the other half. So they saved up allowance money, did extra jobs and sold as many golf balls and candy that they could. It's been a long process, but hopefully it will make them more grateful for it.
The kids want to play it all day! Hopefully when school starts back up this will be a good bribing tool to get them to do their homework and chores. :) Mike is actually the biggest kid of them all. For months now he has been nagging the kids to save their money so that we could get the Wii. He loves playing it just as much as they do. Our favorite game so far is "Monkey Ball Banana Blitz".


Aria is our little cheerleader. She keeps the rest of us entertained while we wait our turns. She was being a funny little girl doing silly dances and singing funny songs. 

4 comments:
His pure enthusiasm to want to say the prayer is what I just love. We first noticed it when one night we heard him kind of mumbling while Kari said the prayer. We listened a little closer the next time it happened and realized he was basically trying to repeat what we were saying in the prayer. So adorable. Your little one sounds so precious.
I've been enjoying your recent posts about your trip. Oh my gosh - what an incredible life experience that is! I've never left the US even to set foot in Canada or Mexico. I'm totally culturally deprived. But just taking in the footage you've put up is breathtaking. I'm sure you'll treasure those moments forever.
As for my parents, I'll let'em know you were in town. Is Margi still in their Ward? I thought she was the accompanist for the Spanish Ward or Branch. Please say hello to your mom for me. She was always so kind to me. I love her a bunch!
Take care, Mauri!
The Wii looks like fun. As for Claire, she's now hooked on her little Nintendo DS. Where were these things when I was growing up?!?
hey Mauri! your family is cute! we love the Wii here in our house too. it always seems to be dad that wants to keep playing til he wins. hope you're doing well!
Might I just say that Mario Kart is my favorite. You definitely should invest in it - for the kids to develop their driving skills now!
I love all of the updates with your family! I'm so glad Christmas was so fun. We need to see you guys soon!
I was giggling because last weekend we were down at grandma Staker's with Jeff's family and Kara saw a picture of you, Mike, and Michela when Michela was probably a year and a half. She kept saying, "Aria!" I said, no, that's MIchela. Needless to say, she didn't believe me and she continued to look at the picture of "Aria" all weekend! we just love your family!
Post a Comment