1. Get back to exercising regularly and increase my weight lifting.
I haven't stopped exercising but I've been doing more cardio lately and I've slacked on the weights a bit. Mike got me these exercise DVDs for Christmas that I asked for and I'm loving them! If anyone has heard of Turbo Jam it is the lady from those. Her new DVD is called ChaLEAN Extreme. It also came with a nutrition guide with recipes. Who doesn't like the work to be done for them!
2. Eat Healthier
The aforementioned nutrition guide is really helping with that. I'm trying to cut out sweets for a while and that is so difficult, especially right after all the sugar bingeing during the holidays. I've tried out some new recipes though and I'm really liking this new eating plan.
3. Never go to Bed with a Sink full of Dirty Dishes.
There is nothing I hate worse than going down to the kitchen in the morning to make breakfast and seeing a sink full of dirty dishes. It just starts my day off on the wrong foot. If the sink is clean, it motivates me to keep it clean for the rest of the day. If the sink is full of junk, then I often just keep piling dirty dishes on top of the heap until I can't handle it anymore, and our sink is big!
4. Go to the Temple at least Once a Month.
I love going to the temple, but it seems like I just can't get there. I was talking to Mike and we decided we need to just schedule it in on the same weekend each month so we don't plan something else and use up our free time. I love how calm and peaceful I feel coming out of the temple and I hope that I can keep that feeling with me more if I increase my temple attendance.
5. Spend More One on One time with the Kids.
It seems like the kids have been all attitude lately and maybe the reason is they aren't feeling like Mike and I are giving them enough time on their own. There is this show on TLC called "Jon & Kate plus 8" about this family who had twins and then a few years later they had sextuplets. They try to take one day out of the year for each child to get a special day with Mom, Dad or Both. What a great idea. I really hope we can do something like this so the kids can feel special and know how much we love them.
Well, that's it. I try to keep my goals and to do lists down to a minimum otherwise I just get too overwhelmed and don't know where to begin. I hope 2009 will be a fantastic year and hopefully we can all stick to our goals!
PS If you haven't seen my blog lately, I blogged a ton this week so scroll down and check it out. That should be another resolution, to keep up on my blog!
4 comments:
All sound great,
I know you will achieve them all :)
I love Jon & Kate plus * and learn many parenting tips from that show, as well as from you :)
Love your blog as always
Love you lots too!
Miss you girl!
Love your goals Mauri. Thanks for sharing them. I really really need to eat better. I have a very strong feeling that your kids feel loved and special right this minute--but you can never get too much one on one time!
Good goals. I think it helps to publish them publicly - you feel more accountable to stick to them. :) Yours sound very similar to mine - esp the one about more one on one time with our kids. I've been feeling strongly about that one. Good luck!! :)
Very good goals!! Im with you on almost all of them! I Wish, With ALL of them ;)
Post a Comment