Thursday, January 1, 2009

That Hill was Awesome!

On New Years Day we went over to Mike's parents house for breakfast. Since we missed Peggy's Christmas breakfast, she prepared most of our favorites. Ebbelskivvers (they are Danish pancakes) are so yummy! They are like golf ball size pancakes that you can dip in syrup, jam or sugar. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns... we were so stuffed. We then suited up in our snow gear and headed out back to the hill behind their house. It is the perfect sledding hill. We had so much fun! Aria even joined us out there for most of the time. She looked so cute in her pink hat. She went down on the tube with Mike a few times and absolutely loved it.













Chase and Hunter were all over the place checking out all the possible sled runs. They even went off the jump run that Uncle Matt had made on Christmas. Hunter biffed it but he hopped right back up and "snowboarded" down the hill. Chase is a sledding King and he took the jumps with ease. I think his small size works to his advantage sometimes.











Michela was a maniac, as usual, and stayed out there sledding until the bitter end. She tried "Penguin sledding" where she slid down head first with out a sled. She also tried some cardboard for a sled. It was pretty funny watching the cardboard stop while she kept going down the hill. Peggy even went down once even though she just likes to watch.














This was one of the best snow days of my life! I had so much fun going down again and again. I even got the record on the longest run. Mike made a new run for us and we all ended up going across the road at the bottome of the hill and up the hill on the other side. Russ, Michela and I stayed out the longest. We had a hard time leaving that "Awesome" hill.

2 comments:

SIMCOX FAMILY said...

That looks like a lot of fun too.I like doing that kind of things too.
Hopefully next time you will meet our little Traven.

meg said...

That hill was AWESOME!! I had so much fun that day, if I didn't have to bring Logan back inside I would have stayed outside! Wait, I did go back out that day with Jaida for another hour! haha! It was so fun, and so fun to watch Michela on that cardboard, she was awesome!