Monday, October 27, 2008

"Mine Punkin!"

The kids and I went on our annual pumpkin picking outing on Monday. We have been going to Pumpkin Land down in Vineyard for the last few years and have made it a tradition. The kids take pumpkin picking very seriously. We spent a good 30 minutes looking through all of the pumpkins. Aria was so excited. She kept running around pointing and saying, "Punkin, mine punkin." Chase was the first to pick out his and Hunter found one soon after.
The thing is, they always trade their pumpkins in about 3 or 4 times. Michela always wants a big one and agonizes over her decision.
Aria wasn't too interested in taking pictures or picking out pumpkins once she found a cart to push around. I had to keep apologizing to the people around us as she pushed the cart all over the place. Hunter was a good brother and helped her steer.
Here's a cute picture of Michela, Hunter and Chase. I had to snatch Aria away from the cart for a picture with me. As you can see she wasn't too pleased.
Two pumpkins for $2.00 each, two pumpkins for $3.00 each, one pumpkin for $4.00, and one pumpkin carving set for $2.50. One cute little pumpkin in a cart, ... priceless.
For Family night we carved them for our activity. I cut the tops off and let them pull out the guts. Hunter was totally grossed out about the idea of sticking his hand into all the goop.
Chase went at it with gusto and even designed and cut out his own pumpkin! I was so impressed with his creativity.
Michela spent a good hour working on her pumpkin. It was fun chatting with her while we both worked. She also sang a Halloween song to me that she had learned at school, hand actions and all!
Aria drew on her pumpkin and Daddy helped her draw some green eyes. Aria loved her little pumpkin and wanted to carry it around with her.
Aria helped me clean out my mine.
Unfortunately Mike does not enjoy pumpkin carving, he would much rather just draw a face on the pumpkin and be done. Thankfully the kids enjoy this as much as I do.
Stay tuned for pictures of the pumpkin faces!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

I always loved the ritual of carving pumpkins but I don't like the cleaning out part either! Cherish the memories.

Anonymous said...

So cute--that is just what we did last night too! Frankly, I was exhausted by the end.

SIMCOX FAMILY said...

I've never done that before,maybe when Traven gets older.But it looks too messy!!!I'll have to try it out someday.

MiNdY said...

SOO cute!! Love all the pictures! You need to tell me where this place is exactly?! We will have to go there next year. I hate last minute pumpkin picking at Albertsons! Its just not near as fun!

Lehi Santa said...

We went the same pumpkin patch - how fun -

This is Megan's friend Julianne -

We are advertising a new adventure my husband is going to try this year, if you hear of anyone looking for a Santa have them check out lehisanta.blogspot.com

Sara said...

WHAT? No Power-Tools this year? (Yeah... we skipped out on that part, too!) :)

Looks like you still managed to have a GREAT time! :)